Diploma in Public Sector Administration
Jump-start your career in the public sector with the Diploma in Public Sector Administration (Dip. PSAD). This programme is designed to provide an academic foundation and specialised training for public sector staff who need to upgrade their academic qualifications for further tertiary level studies and formalize functional skills for effective management within the public sector. Students build competencies in English Language and Mathematics and are introduced to management principles and the structure and functioning of public entities to enable them to enhance organizational efficiency.
Who is this programme for?
The Diploma PSAD programme is designed for persons working in government bodies and public sector agencies who need to enhance their understanding of the functioning of public sector bodies.
The diploma programme is delivered using a mixed-mode format. Courses are delivered using online or blended approaches. Students must have access to a computer and Internet access. Online orientation is conducted before the start of the programme.
Students complete a total of 30 credits normally equivalent to 10 courses. Students explore general education and core courses in a number of areas including:
- Business Communication
- Public Sector Management
- Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Caribbean Political Economy
When will the programme start?
The programme starts in August of the academic year 2013/2014
Applicants should meet one of the following matriculation requirements:
- Persons over the age of 21 on the basis of their overall academic and professional attainments.
- Holders of the approved certificates from the School of Continuing Studies, UWI with an acceptable pass in English Language
- Holders of three (3) CSEC or GCE ‘O’ Level passes or equivalent, not necessarily obtained at the same sitting, as follows:
(i) English (A), and
(ii) Two (2) other approved subjects.
OOL1001 Orientation to Online Learning
IYSS1001 Improving Your Study Skills