The OCLIS Ask A Librarian service is a virtual reference service that allows you to email or chat online with staff of the Open Campus Library And Information Services. Chat is available to the UWI Open Campus community. To use chat you must sign in with your myOC credentials, that is your myOC username and password. Alternatively, any user may send a question or comment via email. No sign in is required to send email.
- Use the Ask A Librarian service for assistance with Library resources and research, or for general Library queries and comments
- Live chat with Library staff is normally available Monday - Thursday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Fridays from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm. All times are GMT/UTC -4.
Use the link on the panel to the right of this page to connect to chat
- You may submit a question or comment via email at any time. You may normally expect to receive a response within 24 hours. Responses for questions or comments submitted on weekends or public and university holidays may be delayed.
Use the link on the panel to the right of this page to submit your question or comment
- Please provide your Open Campus email address for follow up messages. If you do not have an OC email address, then provide an alternative email address
- You may be required to provide your UWI student/staff ID number when using this service
- Inappropriate language and/or content is not acceptable. You are expected to act in accordance with the UWI Email & Messaging Services Policy.
OCLIS reserves the right to terminate sessions and report inappropriate chat and/or email messages
- To fully address your issue or query, it may be necessary to schedule follow up chat, email, or face to face sessions with Library staff
- Your Ask A Librarian session may be saved and added to our knowledge base. All personal information will be stripped
- Please help us to serve you better by completing all applicable sections of the email and chat forms