Dear Colleagues and Supporters of the UWI Open Campus
The last month has been one that has tested our resilience and our strength, as Hurricanes Irma and Maria wreaked havoc on several Caribbean countries, crippling services and normal human activity. For the Open Campus, we have been hit severely in Anguilla, BVI and Dominica. Although physical damage to our Sites in Anguilla and BVI has been minimal, we have not been able to resume normal operations as the countries are without electricity and Internet access. Dominica has been the worst hit with 90% of our Site being severely damaged and a near total loss of equipment. The country itself has been devastated and so our students are without many basic needs and of course will have to defer their education.
As one region and One UWI we have joined hands and hearts to assist and respond rapidly to the growing humanitarian crisis in all our affected countries. For the Open Campus each one of these countries is home to us and to our students so we are trying to restore our homes, better and stronger than before. I appeal to you to assist our students and our staff, and by extension all the people of the affected countries through your generous donations. The UWI is on the front line in many areas in each country and your support will help us to be able to respond more rapidly in the re-building efforts particularly for education and health services. We may be down but we are NOT out. We will rebuild stronger! Thanks for your support! .
- Account Name: Open Campus Relief Fund
- First Caribbean International Bank, Antigua, Account #106933692 SWIFT CODE - FCIBAGAG
- First Caribbean International Bank, Old Parham Road Branch, P.O. Box 28 St. John’s, Antigua |Tel: 246-480-5000 |Fax: 268-480-5140/1
- Donation drop off points (for supplies): All Open Campus Sites across the Region and Office of the Principal, Open Campus, Barbados
- Account Name:UWI Disaster Relief Fund
- RBL Bank Account 160-135-528-301
- Bursary, St Augustine: UWI Banner Account #1300-226244; or by quoting Cashier Detail Code ‘5HRF’
- All Open Campus Sites throughout T&T.
- Account Name:UWI Centre, Global Giving
- University Centre, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Ltd. (NCB) Account # 401-068-937
- University of the West Indies, Mona, Telphone: 876 929-4622
- All Open Campus Sites in Jamaica and Office of the Deputy Principal, The Vice Chancellery, Regional Headquarters, Mona, Jamaica
- Donate on mobile phones via text :
- Text keyword ‘AFUWI’ to 41444. A message will appear and donor will follow prompts for instructions to donate.
- Mobile phone donations may be subject to text messaging charges based on the plan donor has with carrier.
- Both options above accept both debit and credit card payments and will auto generate an acknowledgement.These donations will then be posted to a separate AFUWI Citibank account designated solely for the collection of these funds.
The University of the West Indies (UWI) Open Campus is one of the four campuses that make up the pillars of The UWI, which was established in 1948.
Contact: Dr. Cheryl McDonald-Sloley
Coordinator of the UWI Open Campus Disaster Relief Fund
& Deputy Director, Commercial Operations
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Cell: (876) 999-7508 | Phone: (876) 927.1201